2024 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
12 Jan 2024
Kodokan's annual Kan-geiko, two hours training that starts at 5:30 AM, took place from January 6 to 15.
Kan-geiko is held at the coldest time of day in the coldest season, intended to discipline mind and body. It is one of our traditional events that have lasted for over 140 years since the early days of the Kodokan.
Many trainees were working hard on the early-morning training.
Opening Ceremony of Kan-geiko
Kodokan President UEMURA Haruki
Kan-geiko is held from January 6 to 15, from 5:30 am to 7:30 am.。
Practitioners from far away can also participate.
You can also watch the cold practice from the 8th floor.
The latest articles
- 2024 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2024 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
- 2024 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- Notice of Revision of Room Rates at Kodokan Hostel
- JOC National Coach Academy Intensive Lecture was held at Kodokan
- 2023 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held
- DAIGO Toshiro 10th dan, ABE Ichiro 10th dan and OSAWA Yoshimi 10th dan were inducted into the Kodokan Judo Hall of Fame.
- 2024 Kodokan Judo Calendar
- Kodokan Summer Course I is being held
- Kodokan Summer Course I started