2024 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
17 Jan 2024
Kodokan's annual Kan-geiko, two hours training that starts at 5:30 AM, took place from January 6 to 15.
Kan-geiko is held at the coldest time of day in the coldest season, intended to discipline mind and body. It is one of our traditional events that have lasted for over 140 years since the early days of the Kodokan.
Many trainees were working hard on the early-morning training.
Kodokan President UEMURA Haruki
Kodokan President UEMURA Haruki awarded certificates of perfect attendance to participants.
FUKUSHIMA Michio 9th Dan
ISHIBASHI Keiko 8th Dan
Representative of the Adult Division
Representative of the Women's Division
Representative of ?International Division
Representative of Boys and Girls Class
The latest articles
- Judo experience in the MESGO Program was held.
- 2024 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2024 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
- 2024 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- Notice of Revision of Room Rates at Kodokan Hostel
- JOC National Coach Academy Intensive Lecture was held at Kodokan
- 2023 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held
- DAIGO Toshiro 10th dan, ABE Ichiro 10th dan and OSAWA Yoshimi 10th dan were inducted into the Kodokan Judo Hall of Fame.
- 2024 Kodokan Judo Calendar
- Kodokan Summer Course I is being held