2023 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held
15 Nov 2023
A traditional event, Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai (Team Contest between Red & White) was held on a grand scale at the Kodokan on Sunday, Nobeber 12th.
We received about 300 applications, and contests were held for respective divisions: Men's Women's and Boys & Girls. Matches were held one by one in each contest, and winners fought in succeeding matches until they lost, or until their match ended in a draw.
Kodokan President Haruki Uemura's greeting
There is a unique system called "Batsugun-shodan (instant promotion by preeminence)" in Kodokan Kohaku-jiai. Using the system, participants who won a predefined number of matches by Ippon are able to get a higher Dan grade on the same day, regardless the time length of their practice. This time, the system was applied to one person.
Ms. Misaki Arai（East Japan Railway Company）was promoted from 1st to 2nd Dan
The players fought through the weight and ages difference.
President Haruki Uemura awarded a championship flag to the Red team, the winner in the Men's division.
President Haruki Uemura awarded a championship flag to the Red team, the winner in the Women's division.
There was a draw in Boys and Girls division, so President Haruki Uemura awarded a championship flag to both of Red and White team.
The latest articles
- 2023 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held
- DAIGO Toshiro 10th dan, ABE Ichiro 10th dan and OSAWA Yoshimi 10th dan were inducted into the Kodokan Judo Hall of Fame.
- 2024 Kodokan Judo Calendar
- Kodokan Summer Course I is being held
- Kodokan Summer Course I started
- Kodokan Asa-geiko (Morning Practice)
- Farewell ceremony was held for OSAWA Yoshimi 10th dan
- 2023 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2023 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- 2023 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)