2023 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
13 Jan 2023
Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held on Sunday, January 8. Kagami Biraki is the practice of eating Mochi offered to the deities during the New Year.
Mr. MOROI Mitsuyoshi, 9th Dan, delivers a congratulatory speech on behalf of all Kodokan members.
Kodokan President Haruki Uemura
Her Imperial Highness Princess Tomohito of Mikasa and Kodokan President Haruki Uemura
Following a speech by a Kodokan representative and greeting words from President Uemura, seven kinds of kata were performed. Then, national team athletes practiced randori with Kodokan students who learn in the Children's Class, Women's Class, and Adults' Class.
After that, Dan diplomas were awarded to promoted members and the ceremony successfully ended.
The latest articles
- 2023 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2023 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- 2023 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
- Signing Ceremony with the Egyptian Judo Federation
- Special promotion for Megumi HORIKAWA and Uta ABE
- Events to Celebrate Kano Shihan's Birthday Ended
- 2023 Kodokan Judo Calendar
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】Hanging Scrolls: "Seiryoku-Zenyo" and "Jita-Kyoei" By KANO Jigoro Shihan
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】 Visit Kodokan and get a 140th Anniversary Mug.