2023 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
06 Jan 2023
Kodokan's annual Kan-geiko, two hours training that starts at 5:30 AM, took place from January 6 to 15.
Kan-geiko is held at the coldest time of day in the coldest season, intended to discipline mind and body. It is one of our traditional events that have lasted for over 140 years since the early days of the Kodokan.
Many trainees were working hard on the early-morning training.
For the first time in three years, we were able to have practitioners from abroad participate in the program. We received many applications from New Caledonia, Poland, Australia, and other countries.
Opening Ceremony of Kan-geiko
Kodokan President UEMURA Haruki
After the practice, everyone worked together to lay the tatami mats in preparation for the Kagami Biraki Ceremony on Sunday, January 8.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Kan-geiko is held from January 6 to 15, from 5:30 am to 7:30 am.。
Practitioners from far away can also participate.
You can also watch the cold practice from the 8th floor.
The latest articles
- 2023 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- 2023 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
- Signing Ceremony with the Egyptian Judo Federation
- Special promotion for Megumi HORIKAWA and Uta ABE
- Events to Celebrate Kano Shihan's Birthday Ended
- 2023 Kodokan Judo Calendar
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】Hanging Scrolls: "Seiryoku-Zenyo" and "Jita-Kyoei" By KANO Jigoro Shihan
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】 Visit Kodokan and get a 140th Anniversary Mug.
- Kodokan Visit by the Government Officials and the NF Presidents of the Republic of South Sudan