Kodokan Shochu-Geiko kicked off
20 Jul 2022
Kodokan Shochu-Geiko, mid-summer training, began on July 14.
Shochu-Geiko is a traditional event that was invented by Kodokan in 1897 and spread throughout Japan. It is a 10-day training session now, but it used to be held for 30 days in the hottest season to build strength and cultivate a never-give-up attitude.
First, trainees lined up in front of the chair of Kano Jigoro Shihan. Instructors called the roll for the first day.
Then, at the sound of a large drum, the opening ceremony started.
Speech by Kodokan President Haruki Uemura
Practice in the large dojo
Women's division practice
School Kodokan Training
Lecture on Shochu-Geiko
We received 140 applications for Shochu-geiko.
Shochu-geiko is held every day until July 23.
The training area was divided into boys&girls, school Kodokan, and general, and practitioners practiced at each dojo.
The latest articles
- Signing Ceremony with the Egyptian Judo Federation
- Special promotion for Megumi HORIKAWA and Uta ABE
- Events to Celebrate Kano Shihan's Birthday Ended
- 2023 Kodokan Judo Calendar
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】Hanging Scrolls: "Seiryoku-Zenyo" and "Jita-Kyoei" By KANO Jigoro Shihan
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】 Visit Kodokan and get a 140th Anniversary Mug.
- Kodokan Visit by the Government Officials and the NF Presidents of the Republic of South Sudan
- Launch of "The Mystery of the Kodokan" a Minecraft digital judo experience!
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】 Trying Calligraphy (Kano Shihan's words)