Tsukinami-shiai was restarted
15 Apr 2021
On Thursday, April 8, 2021, the Tsukinami-shiai was held at the Kodokan. This was the first time in a year and two months since February 2020 that the Tsukinami-shiai was held.
At 5:30 p.m., the participants lined up and were given a warning about the matches and infection control. Then, after bowing to the Kano Shihan and the teachers in front of the hall, the whole group did preparatory exercises and ukemi, and the matches were held at two mats.
The players thoroughly disinfected their hands using the disinfectant solution set up at each match site. To prevent splashes, there was no talking or cheering, and it was so quiet that the sound of the players attacking and defending each other could be clearly heard from the 8th floor spectator seats. All the matches ended at 7:30 p.m. after a series of serious matches.
Next Tsukinami-shiai is scheduled to be held on April 15 .
The final match of the boys' division. Children sit in seiza to watch the match.
The latest articles
- Sgochu-geiko Mid-Summer Training 2021
- Tsukinami-shiai was restarted
- The Kodokan membership card was renewed
- Practice after April 1, 2021
- The Bulletin of the Association for the Scientific Studies on Judo, Kodokan Report XVIII, will be published
- Practice after February 8, 2021
- "JAPAN-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" Online Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2020 finished
- 2021 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- 2021 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
- 2020 Kodokan Kohaku-shiai