2021 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
27 Jan 2021
Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held on Sunday, January 10. Kagami Biraki is the practice of eating Mochi offered to the deities during the New Year.
Mr. ONOZAWA Koshi, 8th Dan, delivers a congratulatory speech on behalf of all Kodokan members.
Kodokan President Haruki Uemura
Following a speech by a Kodokan representative and greeting words from President Uemura, seven kinds of kata were performed.
After that, Dan diplomas were awarded to promoted members and the ceremony successfully ended.
The latest articles
- "JAPAN-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" Online Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2020 finished
- 2021 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- 2021 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
- 2020 Kodokan Kohaku-shiai
- "JAPAN-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" Online Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2020 started
- A farewell ceremony was held to KANO Yukimitsu honorary president of Kodokan and honorary president of the All Japan Judo Federation
- Events to Celebrate Kano Shihan's Birthday Ended
- "Notice" Extension of Opening Hours
- 【Birth Anniversary】 In commemoration of the 160th birth anniversary of KANO Jigoro Shihan, the unpublished letter of Kano Shihan will be on display for the first time.
- Practice at Kodokan (updated on October 1st 2020)