2021 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
22 Jan 2021
January 15 was the last day of the ten-day mid-winter training that began on January 6.
Kodokan President UEMURA Haruki
Kan-geiko is held at the coldest time of day in the coldest season, intended to discipline mind and body. It is one of our traditional events that have lasted for over 130 years since the early days of the Kodokan.
Many trainees were working hard on the early-morning training.
Starting at 5:30 am, practitioners worked diligently on the last training.
The ceremony to conclude the event was held at 7 pm.
Closing Ceremony of Kan-geiko
【Schedule cancelled from January 16,2021】
Regular practice (Randori, Women's, Boys & Girls,
Futsu-ka and Tokushu-ka, and weekly kata class) is cancelled
until January 31, 2021, since COVID-19 infection is spreading again.
The latest articles
- 2021 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- 2021 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
- 2020 Kodokan Kohaku-shiai
- "JAPAN-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" Online Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2020 started
- A farewell ceremony was held to KANO Yukimitsu honorary president of Kodokan and honorary president of the All Japan Judo Federation
- Events to Celebrate Kano Shihan's Birthday Ended
- "Notice" Extension of Opening Hours
- 【Birth Anniversary】 In commemoration of the 160th birth anniversary of KANO Jigoro Shihan, the unpublished letter of Kano Shihan will be on display for the first time.
- Practice at Kodokan (updated on October 1st 2020)
- Anniversary of Kano Shihan's Birth Write his words in calligraphy