2020 Kodokan Kohaku-shiai
22 Dec 2020
The Kodokan Kohaku-shiai (contest between the Red & White), which had been postponed due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection, was held grandly at the Kodokan on Sunday, December 20.
Participants were asked to cooperate in wearing masks, measuring temperature, disinfecting hands and fingers, submitting a physical condition management check sheet, and recording the other party as an infectious disease prevention.
There were applications for about 150 people. Winning battles were held in the men's section, women's section, boys' section, and adult's section.
White won the men's division and Red won the boys' division. Women's division was changed to the system where players compete over the number of wins.
There is a unique system called "Batsugun-shodan (instant promotion)" In Kodokan Kohaku-shiai to allow contestants, who win a predetermined number of times by Ippon, to get a higher Dan grade on that day. Mr. MIYAZAKI Kazuma and Mr. FUJINAGA Ryutaro were promoted.
Mr. MIYAZAKI Kazuma was promoted from first to second Dan.
Mr. FUJINAGA Ryutaro was promoted from second to third Dan.
Panoramic view of the venue
Disinfection of tatami mats
Awards ceremony of Boy's & Girls' division
The latest articles
- Signing Ceremony with the Egyptian Judo Federation
- Special promotion for Megumi HORIKAWA and Uta ABE
- Events to Celebrate Kano Shihan's Birthday Ended
- 2023 Kodokan Judo Calendar
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】Hanging Scrolls: "Seiryoku-Zenyo" and "Jita-Kyoei" By KANO Jigoro Shihan
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】 Visit Kodokan and get a 140th Anniversary Mug.
- Kodokan Visit by the Government Officials and the NF Presidents of the Republic of South Sudan
- Launch of "The Mystery of the Kodokan" a Minecraft digital judo experience!
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】 Trying Calligraphy (Kano Shihan's words)