Practice at Kodokan (updated on October 1st 2020)
06 Oct 2020
１． Practice policy
- We have raised practice level to stage 3.
(Partners of grabbing practice are limited to a few persons a day.)
- Persons who do not want grabbing practice will continue solo practice.
- We might change practice contents and conditions according to the situation.
2.Those who are allowed to participate in practice and requirements
- All judokas wishing to practice at Kodokan
- Those who agree with our policy and requirements for practice (In the case of minors, consent by parent is necessary.)
- Those who do not have a fever of 37℃ or higher, or any respiratory disorders such as cough and phlegm
- Nobody in their household is infected with Covid-19 or in close contact with Covid-19 patients.
- Those whose symptoms do not come under the check items in the Health Checkup Card
- In case you have a fever over 37 degrees Celsius, please inform Kodokan Education & Instruction Department and as a rule, participation in practice is prohibited for 10 days as follow-up period.
3.Dojo fee and tuition from July
- The regular fees are charged from July.
- If you participate only in the mid-summer training (Aug 20-29), 2,200 yen is charged.
4.Class timetable and dojos
- Children are asked to choose 1 or 2.
- Check your dojo at the reception counter.
5.Sanitary requirements from the 4th floor to the dojos
- Before registering at the reception desk on the 4th floor, fill in the Health Checkup Card.
- Take body temperature on the 4th floor with a non-contact thermometer. If a high fever is detected, take it again with an underarm thermometer.
- Wash your hands, gargle, disinfect your hands at the reception desk and dojo entrance.
- You should record the name of partners who you practice with grabbing.
In line with No.1 above, the following requirements are set:
- The number of participants is limited.
- Wear judogi.
- Mask-wearing is compulsory.
- Windows and doors of dojos and changing rooms are kept open to ensure good ventilation.
- Cool water dispensers are not available.
- Cool water dispensers are not available. (You had better bring your own bottled water.)
- Change clothes in the designated places and carry your luggage to the designated dojos. (Do not use lockers in the changing rooms.)
- When you watch practice on the 8th floor or in a dojo, you are asked to keep a safe distance.
- The entrance to the reception and changing rooms are kept open.
- Use the disposal paper placed in the toilets.
- If you take shower and need a place to keep your valuables, do not use a locker in a changing room but a locker in front of the reception desk.
- Bathrooms are not available.
- The gym is not available.
- If you are confirmed or suspected to be infected with Covid-19, contact the Education and Instruction Department immediately.
The latest articles
- Practice at Kodokan (updated on October 1st 2020)
- Anniversary of Kano Shihan's Birth Write his words in calligraphy
- 160 Anniversary of KANO Jigoro Shihan's Birth
- 2020 Kodokan Shochu-Geiko Closing Ceremony
- Practice in September
- Kodokan Shochu-Geiko kicked off
- Kodokan Summer Course for Women and Boys and Girls ended
- Kodokan Summer Course II and for the Instrctors of School Curriculam Judo ended
- Practice after August 11
- Mr. DAIGO Toshiro, tenth dan in Kodokan Judo