【Birth Anniversary】 In commemoration of the 160th birth anniversary of KANO Jigoro Shihan, the unpublished letter of Kano Shihan will be on display for the first time.
27 Oct 2020
In commemoration of the 160th birth anniversary of KANO Jigoro Shihan, the Kodokan Museum will display his unpublished letter for the first time.
The letter was written to the Kodokan on July 23, 1936, on board the Bremen cruise ship from the U.S. to Germany.
The important IOC meeting to determine the host city for the 1940 Olympics was to be held at the Hotel Adlon Ballroom in Berlin, and KANO Shihan was sailing to Germany by ship while enlisting the support of the IOC commissioners in the U.S. and Canada.
The letter was acknowledged a week before the IOC meeting, but it's mostly about visiting the noted places in the U.S. and Canada without describing the aspirations of his heavy responsibilities. It is a content peculiar to KANO Shihan who transcends the world.
As a result of the vote at the IOC meeting at the Hotel Adlon in Berlin, it was decided to host the 1940 Olympics in Tokyo.
Please come to Kodokan.
Kodokan Museum (Kodokan International Judo Center, 2nd Floor)
October 28 (Wednesday) - 31 (Saturday), 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The latest articles
- "Notice" Extension of Opening Hours
- 【Birth Anniversary】 In commemoration of the 160th birth anniversary of KANO Jigoro Shihan, the unpublished letter of Kano Shihan will be on display for the first time.
- Practice at Kodokan (updated on October 1st 2020)
- Anniversary of Kano Shihan's Birth Write his words in calligraphy
- 160 Anniversary of KANO Jigoro Shihan's Birth
- 2020 Kodokan Shochu-Geiko Closing Ceremony
- Practice in September
- Kodokan Shochu-Geiko kicked off
- Kodokan Summer Course for Women and Boys and Girls ended
- Kodokan Summer Course II and for the Instrctors of School Curriculam Judo ended