Practice after July 1
30 Jun 2020
Kodokan Judo Institute restarted practice in June only for enrolled students, considering the month as the preparatory period to turn classes back to normal, while placing priority on health and safety of students, instructors, and staff members with all preventive measures in place. This resumption policy will continue until July 4. (The mid-summer training scheduled to start from July 2 has been put off to August.)
From July 1 general practice will be available as well, but the class hours will be limited to around one hour for participants to return to practice gradually.
From July 6 the dates and hours for practice will be almost back to normal, but we would like to limit the number of participants and practice methods until August 1 as shown below.
We apologize for further inconvenience to be caused and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Any change in practice, which may occur depending on the situation, will be announced on our website.
- Until July 4, the preparatory period for the regular practice, practice hours are limited to about one hour.
- From July 6 to August 1, with the preventive measures against Covid-19 remaining the priority, the number of participants is limited and mask wearing is still mandatory.
- Practice is held under the guidance of instructors in such a way as to prevent droplet transmission as much as possible by avoiding 3 Cs (closed spaces, crowded places, closed-contact settings). For example, the time for pair training is reduced.
2.Those who are allowed to participate in practice and requirements
- All judokas wishing to practice at Kodokan
- Those who agree with our policy and requirements for practice (In the case of minors, consent by parent is necessary.)
- Those who do not have a fever of 37℃ or higher, or any respiratory disorders such as cough and phlegm
- Nobody in their household is infected with Covid-19 or in close contact with Covid-19 patients.
- Those whose symptoms do not come under the check items in the Health Checkup Card
3.Dojo fee and tuition from July
- The regular fees are charged from July.
- If you participate only in the mid-summer training (Aug 20-29), 2,200 yen is charged.
4.Class timetable and dojos
- Children are asked to choose 1 or 2 until August 1.
- Check your dojo at the reception counter.
5.Sanitary requirements from the 4th floor to the dojos
- Before registering at the reception desk on the 4th floor, fill in the Health Checkup Card.
- Take body temperature on the 4th floor with a non-contact thermometer. If a high fever is detected, take it again with an underarm thermometer.
- Wash your hands, gargle, disinfect your hands at the reception desk and dojo entrance.
In line with No.1 above, the following requirements are set:
- The number of participants is limited.
- Wear judogi.
- Mask-wearing is compulsory.
- Windows and doors of dojos and changing rooms are kept open to ensure good ventilation.
- Cool water dispensers are not available.
- Change clothes in the designated places and carry your luggage to the designated dojos. (Do not use lockers in the changing rooms.)
- When you watch practice on the 8th floor or in a dojo, you are asked to keep a safe distance.
- The entrance to the reception and changing rooms are kept open.
- Use the disposal paper placed in the toilets.
- If you take shower and need a place to keep your valuables, do not use a locker in a changing room but a locker in front of the reception desk.
- Bathrooms are not available.
- The gym is not available.
- If you are confirmed or suspected to be infected with Covid-19, contact the Education and Instruction Department immediately.
The latest articles
- Kodokan Summer Course I is being held
- Practice after July 1
- Class resumption policy at Kodokan
- Classes reopened for enrolled Kodokan students on an experimental basis
- "KODOKAN Official YouTube Channel"
- Lecture organized by the Association for Scientific Studies on Judo, Kodokan
- Closing ceremony of 2020 mid-winter training