16 Apr 2020
With deep sorrow we inform you of the sad news that a curator of the Kodokan Judo Museum and Library, MURATA Naoki, passed away on April 9, 2020 at his home in Saitama due to heart failure.
His funeral service will be held by only his relatives.
He was born in Tokorozawa, Saitama in 1949. He studied at the Faculty of Physical Education, Department of Martial Arts of the Tokyo University of Education, where he obtained the MA degree in physical fitness in 1973. He instructed judo in more than ten countries, including Iceland and Thailand. He also worked as an assistant professor at Kagawa University as well as the curator of the Kodokan Judo Museum and Library. In July 2008, he was appointed to the Board Chairman of the Japanese Academy of Budo. In 2013 he was promoted to the Kodokan 8th dan.
Words of condolence addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kodokan Judo Institute
The latest articles
- "KODOKAN Official YouTube Channel"
- Lecture organized by the Association for Scientific Studies on Judo, Kodokan
- Closing ceremony of 2020 mid-winter training
- 2020 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- 2020 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
- Maruyama awarded special promotion
- Foreign students at Kodokan appear on language school website