2020 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
20 Jan 2020
Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held on Sunday, January 12. Kagami Biraki is the practice of eating Mochi offered to the deities during the New Year.
Mr. KITA Tetsuro, 8th Dan, delivers a congratulatory speech on behalf of all Kodokan members.
Her Imperial Highness Princess Tomohito of Mikasa and Kodokan President Haruki Uemura
Following a speech by a Kodokan representative and greeting words from President Uemura, seven kinds of kata were performed. Then, national team athletes practiced randori with Kodokan students who learn in the Children's Class, Women's Class, and Adults' Class.
After that, Dan diplomas were awarded to promoted members. At the end, Shiruko (red bean soup with rice cake) was served to guests, and the ceremony successfully ended.
The latest articles
- Closing ceremony of 2020 mid-winter training
- 2020 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- 2020 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
- Maruyama awarded special promotion
- Foreign students at Kodokan appear on language school website
- Events to Celebrate Kano Shihan's Birthday Ended
- [Anniversary of Kano Shihan's Birth] Stamp Rally
- [Anniversary of Kano Shihan's Birth] Visit Kodokan and get a booklet, "Words of Kano Jigoro Shihan"
- Special promotion granted to SONE Akira and ABE Uta
- 2019 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai