2020 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
20 Jan 2020
Kan-geiko, a traditional mid-winter training in Kodokan, started at 5:30 am on January 7.
Kan-geiko is held at the coldest time of day in the coldest season, intended to discipline mind and body. It is one of our traditional events that have lasted for over 130 years since the early days of the Kodokan.
Many trainees were working hard on the early-morning training.
Opening Ceremony of Kan-geiko
Kodokan President UEMURA Haruki
ABE Ichiro, 10th dan, joins the training.
Kan-geiko is held from January 8 to 17, from 5:30 am to 7:30 am.
The latest articles
- 2020 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony
- 2020 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training)
- Maruyama awarded special promotion
- Foreign students at Kodokan appear on language school website
- Events to Celebrate Kano Shihan's Birthday Ended
- [Anniversary of Kano Shihan's Birth] Stamp Rally
- [Anniversary of Kano Shihan's Birth] Visit Kodokan and get a booklet, "Words of Kano Jigoro Shihan"
- Special promotion granted to SONE Akira and ABE Uta
- 2019 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai
- Anniversary of Kano Shihan's Birth Write his words in calligraphy