Kodokan Shochu-Geiko kicked off
18 Jul 2019
Kodokan Shochu-Geiko, mid-summer training, began on July 11.
Shochu-Geiko is a traditional event that was invented by Kodokan in 1897 and spread throughout Japan. It is a 10-day training session now, but it used to be held for 30 days in the hottest season to build strength and cultivate a never-give-up attitude.
At the sound of a large drum, trainees lined up in front of the chair of Kano Jigoro Shihan, and the opening ceremony started.
Then, instructors called the roll for the first day.
Speech by Kodokan President Haruki Uemura
About 100 trainees from overseas also participated in the training.
We received 250 applications for Shochu-geiko. On the first day, nearly 300 trainees were engaged in the training.
Shochu-geiko is held every day until July 20th.
The latest articles
- Kodokan Summer Course I ended
- Kodokan Shochu-Geiko kicked off
- Special promotion for Akira SONE
- 2019 Kodokan Spring Kohaku-shiai
- Visit to the Kano Shihan's grave
- All Japan Judo Contest for High Dan Holders
- Special promotion for Wolf AARON
- Schedule of 2019 Kodokan Summer Course I & II
- Kodokan Instructors' Meeting was held
- Annual international seminars for young coaches were over:Kodokan International Judo Seminar and Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers