2019 Kodokan Spring Kohaku-shiai
11 Jun 2019
A traditional event, Kodokan Spring Kohaku-shiai (Contest between Red & White), was held on a large scale at Kodokan on June 2, 2019.
About 500 people signed up for the contest. There were three divisions: Men's, Women's, and Boys & Girls'. In each division, winners played matches until they lost or their matches ended in a draw.
The Red team won in the Men's division and the Boys' and Girls' division, while the White team won in the Women's division.
There is a unique system called "Batsugun-shodan (instant promotion)" in Kodokan Kohaku-shiai. Using the system, participants who win a predefined number of times by Ippon can get a higher Dan grade on that day. This time, five participants were awarded Batsugun-shodan.
Mr. Chikara KAGEURA (Tokai University) was promoted from 2nd to 3rd Dan.
Mr. Yuto TSUJI (Tokai University) was promoted from 2nd to 3rd Dan.
Mr. Shinnosuke HARA (Tokai University) was promoted from 2nd to 3rd Dan.
Ms. Saya IKEDA (Kokushikan University) was promoted from 1st to 2nd Dan.
Ms. Mizuho SATO (Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance) was promoted from 2nd to 3rd Dan.
Boys' and Girls' division
President Haruki Uemura awarded a championship flag to the Red team, the winner in the Men's division.
The latest articles
- Special promotion for Akira SONE
- 2019 Kodokan Spring Kohaku-shiai
- Visit to the Kano Shihan's grave
- All Japan Judo Contest for High Dan Holders
- Special promotion for Wolf AARON
- Schedule of 2019 Kodokan Summer Course I & II
- Kodokan Instructors' Meeting was held
- Annual international seminars for young coaches were over:Kodokan International Judo Seminar and Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers
- 2019 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2019 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held