Visit to the Kano Shihan's grave
17 May 2019
Bozen-sai, which means paying a visit to the grave of Kano Shihan, the founder of the Kodokan, was held on May 2nd.
The grave is located in Yahashira-reien cemetery, in Matsudo City in Chiba Prefecture, and is characterized by a rare type of Shinto-style gravestone.
We conduct Bozen-sai at this time every year to commemorate the anniversary of Kano Shihan's death that was on May 4th, 1938.
Mr. Haruki Uemura, Kodokan President, makes a respectful bow to the grave.
Grave of Kano Shihan.
All participants of Bozen-sai
The latest articles
- 2019 Kodokan Spring Kohaku-shiai
- Visit to the Kano Shihan's grave
- All Japan Judo Contest for High Dan Holders
- Special promotion for Wolf AARON
- Schedule of 2019 Kodokan Summer Course I & II
- Kodokan Instructors' Meeting was held
- Annual international seminars for young coaches were over:Kodokan International Judo Seminar and Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers
- 2019 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2019 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2019 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) started