2019 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
22 Jan 2019
Kodokan Kagami Biraki (opening round rice cakes) Ceremony was held on Sunday, January 13.
Ms. Katsuko Umezu, Women's 9th Dan, is making a congratulatory speech as a representative member.
Kodokan President Haruki Uemura is making a speech.
Her Imperial Highness Princess Tomohito of Mikasa is on the left.
A speech was made by a representative member and was followed by the greeting from President Uemura. Then eight kinds of Kata were performed. After that, national team players held Randori sessions with trainees who usually practice in Boys and Girls class, Women's class or Adult's class.
Then Dan diplomas were awarded to promoted members. At the end of the Kagami Biraki Ceremony, Shiruko (red bean soup with rice cake) was served to guests, and the ceremony successfully ended.
The latest articles
- 2019 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2019 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2019 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) started
- Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan ended
- Report from an instructor dispatched to Brunei for Japan-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT in 2018
- [Birth Anniversary] Special exhibition: Letters from a famous person and materials related to the Olympics
- [Birth Anniversary] Trying Calligraphy (Kano Shihan's words)
- [Birth Anniversary] Lecture and Symposium (in Japanese)
- [Birth Anniversary] Kano Shihan plastic file folders will be offered for free
- Birth Anniversary KANO Jigoro Shihan