2019 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) started
11 Jan 2019
On Monday, January 7th at 5:30 AM, a traditional Kodokan event Kan-geiko started.
It is held for the purpose of disciplining mind and body through training sessions in the coldest hours in the coldest season. It has been held for over 130 years since the early days of the Kodokan.
This year again, many trainees are sweating in early-morning training.
Opening Ceremony of Kan-geiko
Kodokan President Haruki UEMURA
Every day, rice porridge with sweet potato is served to participants after the training.
Kodokan Kan-geiko in 2019 is held from January 7th to 16th, from 5:30 AM to 7:30 AM.
Trainees from a distance can take part in the training, too.
Visitors can watch the training freely from spectator seating on the 8th floor.
The latest articles
- 2019 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2019 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) started
- Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan ended
- Report from an instructor dispatched to Brunei for Japan-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT in 2018
- [Birth Anniversary] Special exhibition: Letters from a famous person and materials related to the Olympics
- [Birth Anniversary] Trying Calligraphy (Kano Shihan's words)
- [Birth Anniversary] Lecture and Symposium (in Japanese)
- [Birth Anniversary] Kano Shihan plastic file folders will be offered for free
- Birth Anniversary KANO Jigoro Shihan
- International Seminar 2018 of "JAPAN-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" started