International Seminar 2018 of "JAPAN-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" started
05 Sep 2018
The Kodokan International Judo Seminar that is being conducted as a part of"JAPAN-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" started on Tuesday, September 4th.
The Japan Foundation Asia Center and the Kodokan have been running a wide-range exchange program through Judo named "JAPAN-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" intended for all ASEAN countries, for three years from 2017 to 2019. This program aims at intensifying mutual exchanges, development of human resources and networking. It includes seminars for coaches from overseas, dispatch of Japanese instructors for technical training and lectures, and preparation of instructional materials.
The Kodokan International Judo Seminar, a training camp to study the theories and techniques of Judo is being held from September 4th for young coaches invited from 9 ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar and Laos) that are the members of IJF.
The aim of seminar is to educate young coaches who will lead their countries' Judo, on the theories and techniques of orthodox Kodokan Judo. Through the seminar, they increase knowledge required for instructors and establish the basis of Judo coaching. It will lead to enhance the coaching resources of orthodox Kodokan Judo and will help to diffuse Kodokan Judo over the world in the proper way.
Together with the seminar, a training camp for JICA Judo volunteers is being held. It aims to improve their Judo techniques and knowledge, to be able to respond to the needs of each country where they will be sent.
The seminar will be held until Thursday, September 27th. Participants will study about Judo widely including its history, basics, applications, Kata, coaching methods, spirit and techniques required for coaches.
The latest articles
- International Seminar 2018 of "JAPAN-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" started
- Send-off ceremony for the Japanese Judo Teams of the World Judo Championships 2018 in Baku was held
- Summer Course for Women ended
- Kodokan Summer Course for Boys and Girls was held
- Summer Course II was held
- Closing ceremony of Shochu-geiko 2018 was held
- Kodokan Summer Course I ended
- Kodokan Shochu-Geiko has begun
- 2018 Kodokan Spring Kohaku-shiai was held
- Moving of Education & Instruction Department