Kodokan Shochu-Geiko has begun
19 Jul 2018
Kodokan Shochu-Geiko, mid-summer training, began on Wednesday, July 11.
Shochu-Geiko is a traditional event that was invented by Kodokan in 1897 and was spread throughout Japan. It had been held for 30 days in the hottest season to build strength and cultivate a never-give-up attitude. (Nowadays, it is held for 10 days)
At the sound of large drum, trainees lined up in front of the chair of Kano Jigoro Shihan, and the opening ceremony started.
Then the first roll call was done.
Speech by Kodokan President Haruki Uemura
About 100 trainees from overseas also participated in the training.
We received 181 applications for Shochu-geiko. On the first day, about 300 trainees participated in the training.
Shochu-geiko is held every day until Friday, July 20th.
The latest articles
- Kodokan Summer Course I ended
- Kodokan Shochu-Geiko has begun
- 2018 Kodokan Spring Kohaku-shiai was held
- Moving of Education & Instruction Department
- Bozen-sai at Kano Shihan's grave was held
- All Japan Judo Contest for High Dan Holders and a ceremony to commemorate the 80th anniversary year of death of Kano Jigoro Shihan were held
- Kodokan Instructors' Meeting was held
- A new Judo Federation has been established in Brunei
- The Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2018 and the Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers 2018 are being held
- Kata Practice at the Kodokan -Another Kata class was added-