2018 Kodokan Spring Kohaku-shiai was held
27 Jun 2018
A traditional event, Kodokan Spring Kohaku-shiai (Contest between Red & White) was held on a large scale at the Kodokan on Sunday, June 3rd, 2018.
About 600 people signed up for the contest. There were three divisions: Men's, Women's and Boys & Girls'. Matches of each division were held one by one, and winners played matches until they lost or their matches ended in a draw.
White team won Men's division, and Red team won Women's division. The result of Boys' and Girls' division was a draw.
There is a unique system called "Batsugun-shodan (instant promotion by preeminence)" in Kodokan Kohaku-shiai. Using the system, participants who win predefined number of times by Ippon can get a higher Dan grade on the same day. This time, a participant was awarded Batsugun-shodan.
Mr. Tomohiro ISHIKAWA (Tokai University), from 2nd Dan to 3rd Dan
Boys' and Girls' division
President Haruki Uemura awarded a championship flag to White team.
The latest articles
- Kodokan Shochu-Geiko has begun
- 2018 Kodokan Spring Kohaku-shiai was held
- Moving of Education & Instruction Department
- Bozen-sai at Kano Shihan's grave was held
- All Japan Judo Contest for High Dan Holders and a ceremony to commemorate the 80th anniversary year of death of Kano Jigoro Shihan were held
- Kodokan Instructors' Meeting was held
- A new Judo Federation has been established in Brunei
- The Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2018 and the Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers 2018 are being held
- Kata Practice at the Kodokan -Another Kata class was added-
- 2018 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony