Bozen-sai at Kano Shihan's grave was held
17 May 2018
Bozen-sai, which means visiting the grave of Kano Shihan who is the founder of the Kodokan, was held on Wednesday, May 2nd.
The grave is located in Yahashira-reien cemetery, in Matsudo City in Chiba Prefecture and is characterized by a rare type of Shinto-style gravestone.
We conduct Bozen-sai at this time every year to commemorate the anniversary of Kano Shihan's death that was on May 4th, 1938.
Mr. Haruki Uemura (President) and Mr. Saburo Matsushita (Member of the Board of Directors) are offering branches of the sacred tree
Mr. Shinobu Sekine (President, Judo Federation of Tokyo) and Mr. Takashi Ogata (Director, Kodokan Editorial Department)
All participants of Bozen-sai
Yahashira-reien in tender green
Click here to see the directions to Yahashira-reien
The latest articles
- Bozen-sai at Kano Shihan's grave was held
- All Japan Judo Contest for High Dan Holders and a ceremony to commemorate the 80th anniversary year of death of Kano Jigoro Shihan were held
- Kodokan Instructors' Meeting was held
- A new Judo Federation has been established in Brunei
- The Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2018 and the Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers 2018 are being held
- Kata Practice at the Kodokan -Another Kata class was added-
- 2018 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2018 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2018 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started
- All Japan Judo Kata Championships was held