A new Judo Federation has been established in Brunei
25 Apr 2018
A ceremony to commemorate the establishment of the Brunei Judo Federation was held on April 15, 2018. President Uemura attended the ceremony and conducted a special seminar after that.
Last year, as a part of "Japan-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT", a joint project between the Kodokan and Asia Center of Japan Foundation, we dispatched instructors to Brunei to conduct research and a judo experience session, and to introduce Judo there.
After that more and more people started to practice Judo, and thanks to efforts of those involved, the Brunei Judo Federation was established.
The following is an outline of the delegation.
"Japan-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" an exchange program by Asia Center of Japan Foundation and the Kodokan
Period: April 13-17, 2018
Kodokan: Mr. Haruki UEMURA, Mr. Chikara KARIYA, Mr. Yasuharu MIZUNO
Japan Foundation: Ms. Hiroko TSUKA (Executive Vice President), Mr. Ben SUZUKI (Director, Arts, Culture and Exchange Section II, Japan Foundation Asia Center)
The latest articles
- Kodokan Instructors' Meeting was held
- A new Judo Federation has been established in Brunei
- The Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2018 and the Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers 2018 are being held
- Kata Practice at the Kodokan -Another Kata class was added-
- 2018 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2018 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2018 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started
- All Japan Judo Kata Championships was held
- 2017 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held
- 【Birth Anniversary】Information: "Kata-guruma Training Day" and "Study Judo through Sports Science (motion capture)"