The Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2018 and the Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers 2018 are being held
09 Mar 2018
On Tuesday, March 6th, the Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2018 and the Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers 2018 (for the first departure group and the second departure group) started.
The International Seminar is being held to educate young coaches who will lead their countries' Judo, on the theories and techniques of correct Kodokan Judo. Through the seminar, we have brought up highly-skilled coaches who are well enough educated and have established the basis of Judo coaching. This will enhance the coaching resources of correct Kodokan Judo and will help to diffuse Kodokan Judo over the world in the proper way. This time, coaches dispatched from four Judo Federations (Italy, Australia, Kirghiz and Kazakhstan) are participating in the seminar.
Together with the seminar, we conduct a Judo seminar for JICA volunteers. It is held to improve their techniques and knowledge, to enable them to meet the demands of countries where they will be sent. During the course until March 29th, twelve volunteers will study the history of Kodokan Judo, the basics and applications, Kata, coaching methods and others, and will learn many things both spiritual and technical that are required for Judo coaching.
The latest articles
- The Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2018 and the Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers 2018 are being held
- Kata Practice at the Kodokan -Another Kata class was added-
- 2018 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2018 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2018 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started
- All Japan Judo Kata Championships was held
- 2017 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held
- 【Birth Anniversary】Information: "Kata-guruma Training Day" and "Study Judo through Sports Science (motion capture)"
- 【Birth Anniversary】Information: Parent-and-child Judo Lesson
- 【Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan】Kodokan Symposium: "Kano Jigoro Shihan and Olympics"