Kata Practice at the Kodokan -Another Kata class was added-
09 Feb 2018
Kodokan has been conducting a Kata class on Tuesdays from 5 PM to 7 PM. Because it has a good reputation, we have added another Kata class on Friday. The class is open to anyone who is interested in Kata, or who wants to practice Kata, or who wants to learn Kata for the test of Dan promotion as well as who wants to brush up his/her skills for a contest. We look forward to your active participation.
Overview of Kata Classes (twice a week)
Tuesday: 17:00-19:00 (@ International Dojo, 6F)
Instructors: Tadashi SATO (8th Dan)
Toshihiro UTSUGI (8th Dan)
Makoto KATADA (8th Dan)
Friday: 17:00-19:00 (@Children's Dojo, 5F)
Instructors: Michio FUKUSHIMA (8th Dan)
Koshi ONOZAWA (8th Dan)
Yoshiaki SO (8th Dan)
Monthly Kata class that is held on a Saturday in a month (@ main dojo, 15:30-17:00) is also available.
Practice sessions of Monthly Kata class will be held on February 10th and March 3rd, 2018. You can check the schedule on Kodokan website.
Please see the following PDF file for instructions on how to take part in the class.
The latest articles
- The Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2018 and the Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers 2018 are being held
- Kata Practice at the Kodokan -Another Kata class was added-
- 2018 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2018 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2018 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started
- All Japan Judo Kata Championships was held
- 2017 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held
- 【Birth Anniversary】Information: "Kata-guruma Training Day" and "Study Judo through Sports Science (motion capture)"
- 【Birth Anniversary】Information: Parent-and-child Judo Lesson
- 【Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan】Kodokan Symposium: "Kano Jigoro Shihan and Olympics"