2018 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
18 Jan 2018
Kodokan Kagami Biraki (opening round rice cakes) Ceremony was held on Sunday, January 14.
Mr. Takeo KAWASAKI, 8th Dan, is making a congratulatory speech as a representative member
Kodokan President Haruki Uemura is making a speech.
Her Imperial Highness Princess Tomohito of Mikasa is sitting in the middle. Honorary President Yukimitsu Kano is sitting on the left.
A speech was made by a representative member and was followed by the greeting from President Uemura. Then seven kinds of Kata were performed. After that, national team players held Randori sessions with trainees who usually practice in Boys and Girls class, Women's class or Adult's class.
Then Dan diplomas were awarded to promoted members. At the end of the Kagami Biraki Ceremony, Shiruko (red bean soup with rice cake) was served to guests, and the ceremony successfully ended.
The latest articles
- 2018 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2018 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2018 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started
- All Japan Judo Kata Championships was held
- 2017 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held
- 【Birth Anniversary】Information: "Kata-guruma Training Day" and "Study Judo through Sports Science (motion capture)"
- 【Birth Anniversary】Information: Parent-and-child Judo Lesson
- 【Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan】Kodokan Symposium: "Kano Jigoro Shihan and Olympics"
- Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan
- Special promotion for Funa TONAKI