2018 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started
11 Jan 2018
On Saturday, January 6th at 5:30 AM, a traditional Kodokan event Kan-geiko started.
It is held for the purpose of disciplining mind and body through training sessions in the coldest hours in the coldest season. It has been held for over 130 years since the early days of the Kodokan.
This year again, many trainees are sweating in early-morning training.
Opening Ceremony of Kan-geiko
Kodokan President Haruki UEMURA
Every day, rice porridge is served to participants after the training.
Kodokan Kan-geiko in 2018 is held from January 6th to 15th, from 5:30 AM to 7:30 AM.
Trainees from a distance can take part in the training, too.
Visitors can watch the training freely from spectator seating on the 8th floor.
The latest articles
- 2018 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started
- All Japan Judo Kata Championships was held
- 2017 Kodokan Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held
- 【Birth Anniversary】Information: "Kata-guruma Training Day" and "Study Judo through Sports Science (motion capture)"
- 【Birth Anniversary】Information: Parent-and-child Judo Lesson
- 【Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan】Kodokan Symposium: "Kano Jigoro Shihan and Olympics"
- Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan
- Special promotion for Funa TONAKI
- Special promotion for Naohisa TAKATO, Soichi HASHIMOTO and Ai SHISHIME
- Special promotion for Chizuru ARAI and Wolf AARON