【Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan】Kodokan Symposium: "Kano Jigoro Shihan and Olympics"
19 Oct 2017
October 28th -this year, it is not only the birthday of Kano Jigoro Shihan but also the start of the 1000-day-countdown to the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
In commemoration of the day, the Kodokan and Bunkyo Ward will jointly hold a symposium on "Kano Jigoro Shihan and Olympics". (In Japanese)
The three Olympics: The non-existent Tokyo Olympics in 1940 that was decided because of Kano Shihan's presentation; the Tokyo Olympics in 1964 in which the first Judo game was held; and the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.
Panelists will talk on these Olympics. Don't miss it.
Title: Kano Jigoro Shihan and Olympics
Date & Time: Saturday, October 28th, 2017, 15:00-16:00
Venue: B2F, Bunkyo Civic Center (1-16-21, Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo)
A few minutes' walk from Subway Kasuga/Korakuen station
Mr. Takehide NAKATANI (the first Olympic Judo gold medalist, 1964 Tokyo Olympics)
Mr. Hisashi SANADA (Professor, University of Tsukuba)
Ms. Ami KONDO (bronze medalist, 48 kg, 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics)
Mr. Naoki MURATA (Director, Museum and Library Department, the Kodokan)
Participation: Free, no reservations are necessary
Mr. Takehide NAKATANI, 9th Dan
The first Olympic Judo gold medalist in 1964 Tokyo Olympics
Member of the Board of Trustees, Kodokan
Chairman, Hiroshima Prefectural Judo Federation
Mr. Hisashi SANADA
Researcher of Olympic History and Kano Jigoro
Chairman of the School of Health and Physical Education, University of Tsukuba
Ms. Ami KONDO
Gold medalist, 48 kg, 2014 World Championships
Bronze medalist, 48 kg, 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics
Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance
The latest articles
- 【Birth Anniversary】Information: Parent-and-child Judo Lesson
- 【Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan】Kodokan Symposium: "Kano Jigoro Shihan and Olympics"
- Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan
- Special promotion for Funa TONAKI
- Special promotion for Naohisa TAKATO, Soichi HASHIMOTO and Ai SHISHIME
- Special promotion for Chizuru ARAI and Wolf AARON
- Special promotion for Hifumi ABE
- International Seminar of "JAPAN-ASEAN JITA-KYOEI PROJECT" started
- Summer Course for Women was completed
- Kodokan Summer Course for Boys and Girls was completed