Bozen-sai at Kano Shihan's grave was held
02 May 2017
Bozen-sai, which means visiting the grave of Kano Shihan who is the founder of the Kodokan, was held on Tuesday, May 2nd.
The grave is located in Yahashira-reien cemetery, in Matsudo City in Chiba Prefecture and is characterized by a rare type of Shinto-style gravestone.
We conduct Bozen-sai at this time every year to commemorate the anniversary of Kano Shihan's death that was on May 4th, 1938.
Honorary President Yukimitsu Kano and President Haruki Uemura are offering branches of the sacred tree
All participants of Bozen-sai
Yahashira-reien in tender green
Click here to see the directions to Yahashira-reien
The latest articles
- Signing Ceremony with the Egyptian Judo Federation
- Special promotion for Megumi HORIKAWA and Uta ABE
- Events to Celebrate Kano Shihan's Birthday Ended
- 2023 Kodokan Judo Calendar
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】Hanging Scrolls: "Seiryoku-Zenyo" and "Jita-Kyoei" By KANO Jigoro Shihan
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】 Visit Kodokan and get a 140th Anniversary Mug.
- Kodokan Visit by the Government Officials and the NF Presidents of the Republic of South Sudan
- Launch of "The Mystery of the Kodokan" a Minecraft digital judo experience!
- 【Anniversary of KANO Shihan's Birth】 Trying Calligraphy (Kano Shihan's words)