Bozen-sai at Kano Shihan's grave was held
02 May 2017
Bozen-sai, which means visiting the grave of Kano Shihan who is the founder of the Kodokan, was held on Tuesday, May 2nd.
The grave is located in Yahashira-reien cemetery, in Matsudo City in Chiba Prefecture and is characterized by a rare type of Shinto-style gravestone.
We conduct Bozen-sai at this time every year to commemorate the anniversary of Kano Shihan's death that was on May 4th, 1938.
Honorary President Yukimitsu Kano and President Haruki Uemura are offering branches of the sacred tree
All participants of Bozen-sai
Yahashira-reien in tender green
Click here to see the directions to Yahashira-reien
The latest articles
- Demonstration and Opinion Exchange Meeting of Special Needs Judo
- Bozen-sai at Kano Shihan's grave was held
- All Japan Judo Contest for High Dan Holders was held
- Names of Judo Techniques
- VIPs who visited the Kodokan from various countries in March, 2017
- Commendations to Judo-related people in FY 2015 and 2016
- Kodokan Youth Cultivation Training Seminar in Aso, Kumamoto Prefecture
- 2017 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2017 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2017 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started