2017 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
12 Jan 2017
Kodokan Kagami Biraki (opening round rice cakes) Ceremony was held on Sunday, January 8.
Mr. Yoshiaki SO, 8th Dan, is making a congratulatory speech as a representative member
Kodokan President Haruki Uemura is making a speech.
Her Imperial Highness Princess Tomohito of Mikasa is sitting in the middle. Honorary President Yukimitsu Kano is sitting on the left.
A speech was made by a representative member and was followed by the greeting from President Uemura. Then seven kinds of Kata were performed. After that, national team players held Randori sessions with trainees who usually practice in Boys and Girls class, Women's class or Adult's class.
Then Dan diplomas were awarded to promoted members. At the end of the Kagami Biraki Ceremony, Shiruko (red bean soup with rice cake) was served to guests, and the ceremony successfully ended.
The latest articles
- 2017 Kan-geiko Closing Ceremony
- 2017 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2017 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started
- Calligraphy "Kodokan" by Katsu Kaishu will be exhibited for the first time
- IBSA Judo Chairman and Sports Director visited the Kodokan
- Russian President Mr. Vladimir Putin visited the Kodokan
- Kodokan Judo Museum exhibited materials of Mr. Vasili Oshchepkov in Bunkyo Muse Festa
- Special exhibition of the material concerning Mr. Vasili Oshchepkov
- IJF Kata Training Camp Report
- Hong Kong Judo Referee Seminar and Coaching Seminar