2017 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started
11 Jan 2017
On Friday, January 6th, from 5:30 AM, a traditional Kodokan event Kan-geiko has started.
It is held for the purpose of disciplining mind and body through training sessions in the coldest hours in the coldest season. It has been held for over 130 years since the early days of the Kodokan.
This year again, many trainees are sweating in the training from early morning.
Opening Ceremony of Kan-geiko
Kodokan President Haruki UEMURA
Ichiro ABE, 10th Dan
Every day, rice porridge is served to participants after the training.
Kodokan Kan-geiko in 2017 is held from January 6th to 15th, from 5:30 AM to 7:30 AM.
Trainees from a distance can take part in the training, too.
Visitors can watch the training freely from the spectator seating on the 8th floor.
The latest articles
- 2017 Kodokan Kagami Biraki Ceremony was held
- 2017 Kan-geiko (Mid-winter training) has started
- Calligraphy "Kodokan" by Katsu Kaishu will be exhibited for the first time
- IBSA Judo Chairman and Sports Director visited the Kodokan
- Russian President Mr. Vladimir Putin visited the Kodokan
- Kodokan Judo Museum exhibited materials of Mr. Vasili Oshchepkov in Bunkyo Muse Festa
- Special exhibition of the material concerning Mr. Vasili Oshchepkov
- IJF Kata Training Camp Report
- Hong Kong Judo Referee Seminar and Coaching Seminar
- All Japan Judo Kata Championships was held