Kodokan Judo Museum exhibited materials of Mr. Vasili Oshchepkov in Bunkyo Muse Festa
20 Dec 2016
Bunkyo Muse Festa 2016, a joint exhibition of museums in Bunkyo Ward, was held at Bunkyo Civic Center on Thursday, December 15.
Kodokan Judo Museum specially exhibited the materials concerning Mr. Vasili Oshchepkov who is one of founders of Sambo that is a Russian combat sport. They were materials on his initiation to the Kodokan.
Mr. Oshchepkov started studying at the Nicholai Seminary (Nicholai Church, Kanda) as a foreign student since 14 years old and started to practice Judo at the Kodokan when he was 18 years old in 1911.
The material shows his signature and address: Alexandrovsky, Sakhalin, Russia.
Kodokan's exhibition corner/ Bun-Ranger, Bunkyo Ward mascot character
Although it was a one-day event, there were many visitors who enjoyed seeing exhibitions with interest.
The latest articles
- IBSA Judo Chairman and Sports Director visited the Kodokan
- Russian President Mr. Vladimir Putin visited the Kodokan
- Kodokan Judo Museum exhibited materials of Mr. Vasili Oshchepkov in Bunkyo Muse Festa
- Special exhibition of the material concerning Mr. Vasili Oshchepkov
- IJF Kata Training Camp Report
- Hong Kong Judo Referee Seminar and Coaching Seminar
- All Japan Judo Kata Championships was held
- Presidents of Judo Federations in ASEAN―Japan Visit
- The first delegation to Central Asiatic countries sponsored by Japan Foundation was dispatched
- Participants of World Economic Forum-Young Global Leaders Summit experienced Judo at the Kodokan