The first delegation to Central Asiatic countries sponsored by Japan Foundation was dispatched
11 Nov 2016
As a part of Arts and Cultural Exchange project of the Japan Foundation, four Judo experts were dispatched to three countries of Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kirgiz Republic).
The experts were recommended by the Kodokan responding to a request for a personnel selection from the Japan Foundation. They gave Judo demonstrations and conducted training sessions while visiting the countries.
President Uemura encouraged members before departure
From the left, Mr. Makishi (7th Dan), Mr. Uchimura (6th Dan), Mr. Yamazaki (7th Dan) and Mr. Ebinuma (5th Dan)
A preparation meeting was held at the Kodokan to discuss about demonstrations and Kata.
They firstly visited Almaty, Kazakhstan, and conducted a training session.
After completing the session in Kazakhstan, they traveled to the second destination, Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
They gave a Judo demonstration for an audience of about three hundred at a gymnasium in Tajikistan.
In Tajikistan, they gave demonstrations, provided technical instructions to players and taught Judo to disabled people. Also they were interviewed by state television.
After completing lessons in Tajikistan, they traveled to the last destination, Kirgiz Republic.
In Kirgiz Republic, a Judo lesson was held in a training institution for Olympics, and also a coaching seminar was held.
Period: October 18th-28th, 2016
Destination: Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kirgiz Republic
Member: Leader, Mr. Masayoshi Yamazaki, 7th Dan (Kanagawa Prefectural Police)
Mr. Yoshiharu Makishi, 7th Dan (Kodokan)
Mr. Naoya Uchimura, 6th Dan (Osaka Sangyo University)
Mr. Satoru Ebinuma, 5th Dan (Park 24 Co.,Ltd.)
The latest articles
- Presidents of Judo Federations in ASEAN―Japan Visit
- The first delegation to Central Asiatic countries sponsored by Japan Foundation was dispatched
- Participants of World Economic Forum-Young Global Leaders Summit experienced Judo at the Kodokan
- 【Birth Anniversary】 Trying Calligraphy and Dr. SAWA's Math Fun Gym were held
- 【Birth Anniversary】 Uki-goshi/Harai-goshi/Tsurikomi-goshi Training Day was held
- Ceremony for the 80th anniversary of Czech Judo Federation was held
- 【Birth Anniversary】 Trying Calligraphy (Kano Shihan's words)
- 【Birth Anniversary】Uki-goshi/Harai-goshi/Tsurikomi-goshi Training Day
- 【Birth Anniversary】 Parent-and-child Judo Lesson
- 2016 Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held