【Birth Anniversary】Uki-goshi/Harai-goshi/Tsurikomi-goshi Training Day
20 Oct 2016
An event called Uki-goshi/Harai-goshi/Tsurikomi-goshi Training Day will be held on Wednesday, October 26th that is the first day of Birth Anniversary. During the event held from 5:30 PM to 6 PM, instructors will give explanations on these throwing techniques.
In the early days of Kodokan Judo, Kano Shihan studied and developed many kinds of techniques. Firstly, he mastered Uki-goshi and then developed Harai-goshi for the case it doesn't work. After that, Tsurikomi-goshi was developed for the case that Uki-goshi and Harai-goshi don't work.
Instructors will provide detailed explanation including relationship and history of these three techniques that show clearly how Shihan developed techniques.
A joint training of high-level athletes including medalists will be held from 6PM.
Visitors can watch it as well as Uki-goshi/Harai-goshi/Tsurikomi-goshi Training from spectator seating on the 8th floor.
Uki-goshi Training Day in 2015
On the day, RED BULL JAPAN will provide drink. The sample will be provided mainly to the participants of training. We look forward to your active participation in the event.
*Please note that the sample will not be provided to people under 18 years old.
The latest articles
- 【Birth Anniversary】 Trying Calligraphy (Kano Shihan's words)
- 【Birth Anniversary】Uki-goshi/Harai-goshi/Tsurikomi-goshi Training Day
- 【Birth Anniversary】 Parent-and-child Judo Lesson
- 2016 Autumn Kohaku-shiai was held
- Birth Anniversary Kano Jigoro Shihan
- Kodokan received a visit by the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kyrgyz Republic in Japan
- Mashu BAKER received a Dan diploma for the special promotion
- Haruka TACHIMOTO received a Dan diploma for the special promotion
- Bhutan Judo Association was admitted as a full member of IJF
- News from Brazil: Mr. Chiaki ISHII, 8th Dan, took part in the torch relay for the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games