Bozen-sai at Kano Shihan's grave was held
02 May 2016
Bozen-sai, which means visiting the grave of Kano Shihan who is the founder of the Kodokan, was held on Monday, May 2nd.
The grave is located in Yahashira-reien cemetery, in Matsudo City in Chiba Prefecture and is characterized by a rare type of Shinto-style gravestone.
We conduct Bozen-sai at this time every year to commemorate the anniversary of Kano Shihan's death that was on May 4th, 1938.
Honorary President Yukimitsu KANO and President Haruki UEMURA are offering a branch of the sacred tree
All Participants of Bozen-sai
Click here to see the directions to Yahashira-reien cemetery
The latest articles
- All Japan Tournament for Boys and Girls was held
- Bozen-sai at Kano Shihan's grave was held
- The Kodokan has created an official Facebook page
- All Japan Judo Contest for High Dan Holders was held
- Mr. Shozo Awazu, Kodokan 9th Dan (Kodokan overseas Japanese instructor) has passed away
- 【Kodokan Overseas Japanese Instructor】Dr. Kuniko Takeuchi received the Foreign Minister's Commendation
- The Kodokan International Judo Seminar 2016 and the Judo Seminar for JICA Volunteers 2016 have ended
- 【Education Camp/Bhutan】A closing ceremony was held
- 【Education Camp/Bhutan】Bhutan team experienced Soba-noodle making
- 【Education Camp/Bhutan】Bhutan team took a course in first-aid procedures